Our popular 10K race combines gentle undulations with scenic views of the Continental Divide and the cooler air and tranquility of Lake Estes. We welcome athletes of all abilities and paces for this runner and walker friendly event! Race it or take it easy – either way you’ll love the experience at this high mountain 10K.
Barry Lawson 10K Info
- Start time for the 10K is 8:00 am, Sunday, June 18, west of Middle School building.
- Registration IS ALLOWED on race day.
- Packet Pick-up is Saturday, 7:00am -5:00pm and Sunday, starting at 5:00am at registration.
- Parking: Please, do NOT parking along road shoulders. Park at Stanley Park, baseball field area and walk the short distance to the Estes Park High School. Check the PDF at the bottom for more info
- Age Group Awards for the 10K: 13 & under, 14 – 16, 17 – 19, 20 – 29, 30 – 39, 40 – 49, 50 – 59, 60 – 69, 70+
- 10K awards will be available to be picked up at the finish line award’s table. The awards table will be located on the field. There wont be an awards ceremony, but we congratulate our top finishers in advance! If you know that you will not pick up your award at the finish line, please let us know and pay $5 at registration for shipping/handling. Thank you!
- We have renamed this event the Barry Lawson 10K in memory of our dear friend and long time Estes Park Marathon supporter Barry Lawson. Barry was responsible for the Estes Valley Youth Center, as well as playing a key role with the Estes Park Schools basketball teams. Barry sadly lost his brave battle with cancer in December 2010 – he is greatly missed.
- View a course map here.
- All races end at the Estes Park High School track and field (elevation 7,550 feet). Routes take place on a mix of dirt trail, multi-use pathways and road shoulders.
- The course is marked with spray painted directional arrows on the roads and trails , and yellow directional signs when there are turns. In critical spots there will also be course marshals.