The Estes Park Half Marathon is one of the most scenic 13.1 mile races you can find anywhere! Our course is shared with our marathon route and was awarded by Colorado Runner magazine as “most scenic” for 2012 in the state of Colorado. The Estes Park Half has everything you need to keep active people happy – steady climbs, easy descents. rolling roads, and AMAZING views for spectators and runners / walkers alike! Participants will see views of Long’s Peak, the Continental Divide and run along boundary areas of Rocky Mountain National Park. The half marathon is a competitive race, as Geofrey Terer holds course record at 1:11 and also he was 2014 first place finisher at the Colfax Half Marathon.The Estes Park Half race draws more participants every year. Come and find out why and experience the run of your life – challenging and extremely rewarding! USATF certified course.
Half Marathon Info
- Start time for the half marathon is 6:45 am Sunday, June 18th.
- Start line is on the Lake Estes Trail, west (left) of the Dog Park Tunnel at Cherokee Draw.
- Course cut off time is when marathon finishes, 1:00pm.
- Registration IS NOT ALLOWED on race day.
- Packet Pick-Up is available Saturday, 7:00am- 5:00pm or Sunday, starting at 5:00am at registration.
- High quality pewter medals for all half marathon finishers – medals are created by Designs by Ricker, which are professionally handcrafted and made locally. We want to celebrate our runner’s accomplishments with quality design! You deserve it!
- Age Group Awards for the Marathon & Half-Marathon: 19 & under, 20 – 29, 30 – 39, 40 – 49, 50- 59, 60+
- Half marathon awards will be available to be picked up at the finish line award’s table. The awards table will be located on the field. There wont be an awards ceremony, but we congratulate our top finishers in advance! If you know that you will not pick up your award at the finish line, please let us know and pay $5 at registration for shipping/handling. Thank you!
- View course map for EP Half Marathon here
- For 2010, this event was a qualifying race for Pike’s Peak Ascent 2010. Finish below 1.40 and qualify for wave 1 – finish between 1.40 and 2.30 and qualify for wave 2! See registration details for Pike’s Peak Ascent here. In 2010 the Pike’s Peak Ascent was a 2010 World Mountain Running Association challenge race.
- All four races end at the Estes Park Track and Field (elevation 7,550 feet). The courses take place on dirt road shoulders and paved pathways; professionally certified courses that are challenging and beautiful.
- The course is marked with directional arrows on the roads and trails, as well as yellow directional signs. In critical spots there will also be course marshals.
- Please park in designated Parking LOTS and NOT along road shoulders at start line areas. We need to keep Community Drive and Manford Avenue free of cars on shoulders. As a runner, you will appreciate this request. Thank you!
|Date:||January 19, 2015|
Massages available at finish area, June 18th, Sunday. 8:30AM- 1:00pm. Rate: $1. per minute. Cash
At Estes Park Massage we focus on providing bodywork and healing. Each massage is catered to our client’s requests. Quality is always our first priority, quantity is not. We have many massage modalities, hydrotherapy, face masks, elixirs, wraps, and scrubs. We love bodywork and look forward to relaxing you!