One of America’s most scenic marathon courses! Runners enjoy our new road course that is surrounded by views of Rocky Mountain National Park. Starting with a 8 mile, 1500 ft descent, runners will find their rhythm and strong pace for an exceptional marathon race. Runner’s World magazine recommends this destination race, for a reason! As with all great journeys, the beauty will inspire you to overcome the physical challenge, psychological hurdle, and celebrate all that is good about being active and alive! You will be greeted by a cheering crowd who will join in with your celebrations. 2018 marathon course is a Boston Qualifier!
- DATE: June 17th, 2018, SUNDAY
- Start time: Runners 6:10 am and ALL Walkers MUST START at 5:30AM
- Start location: The Dao House (formerly named Aspen Lodge), 6120 CO- Hwy 7.
- Transportation to Start Line: All Marathon participants must take the provided Estes Park Trolley to the Dao House start line area. Estes Park Marathon participants will be picked-up from the Estes Park High School parking lot beginning at 4:30AM. The last Trolley leaves at 5:00AM. There is NO transportation provided to return to start area post race. Runners are allowed to be dropped off by private vehicles.
- The Dao House will provide water, coffee and restrooms while runners wait for the start. Clothes drop bags will be provided at start line for retrieval at finish line.
- 7 hour course cut off time
- Registration IS NOT ALLOWED on race day.
- Packet Pick-up is Saturday, 8:00am-5:00pm and Sunday, starting at 4:30am at the Estes Park High School commons.
- FINISHER MEDALS– High quality pewter medals for all marathon finishers – medals are created by Designs by Ricker, which are professionally handcrafted and made locally. We want to celebrate our runner’s accomplishments with quality design! You deserve it!
- FINISHER CERTIFICATES– All marathon finishers will be emailed a finisher certificate after the race.
- Age Group Awards for the Marathon & Half-Marathon: 19 & under, 20–29, 30–39, 40–49, 50- 59, 60- 69, 70 +. Overall Masters category- 40 years and older.
- Marathon awards will be available to be picked up at the finish line award’s table. The awards table will be located on the field. There wont be an awards ceremony, but we congratulate our top finishers in advance! If you know that you will not pick up your award at the finish line, please let us know and pay $5 at registration for shipping/handling. Thank you!
- The Estes Park Marathon start line is at The DAO HOUSE, 6120 Highway 7. The finish line is in Estes Park at the public school facilities (elevation 7,550 feet). The route begins at the Dao House and enters Hwy 7 heading north. Runners will descent 3.7 miles and turn right onto Fish Creek Road. At Fish Creek Road, runners will pass Cheley Camp and the first full Aid Station. Route will continue to descend to the Lake Estes Trail (1500 ft total) and continue on paved multi-use paths or road shoulders.
- The course is marked with directional arrows on the roads & trails, as well as placed yellow directional signs. In critical spots there will also be course marshals.
- Please park in designated Parking LOTS and NOT along road shoulders. We need to keep Manford Avenue and 10K route free of cars on shoulders. As a runner, you will appreciate this request. Thank you! Area map:
Massages available at finish area, June 17th, Sunday. 8:30AM- 1:00pm. Rate: $1. per minute. Cash or CC
At Estes Park Massage we focus on providing bodywork and healing. Each massage is catered to our client’s requests. Quality is always our first priority, quantity is not. We have many massage modalities, hydrotherapy, face masks, elixirs, wraps, and scrubs. We love bodywork and look forward to relaxing you!