One of America’s most scenic marathon courses! Runners enjoy our new road course that is surrounded by views of Rocky Mountain National Park. Starting with a 8 mile, 1500 ft descent, runners will find their rhythm and strong pace for an exceptional marathon race. Runner’s World magazine recommends this destination race, for a reason! As with all great journeys, the beauty will inspire you to overcome the physical challenge, psychological hurdle, and celebrate all that is good about being active and alive! You will be greeted by a cheering crowd who will join in with your celebrations. The 2017 Estes Park Marathon celebrates the 100th anniversary of the Baldpate Inn and the mountain Town of Estes Park, Colorado. Join the Fun!
- Start time for the marathon runners is 6:00 am Sunday, June 18th. ALL Walkers must start at 5:30AM.
- Start location: The Dao House (formerly named Aspen Lodge).
- Transportation to Start Line: All Marathon participants must take the provided Estes Park Trolley to the Dao House start line area. Estes Park Marathon participants will be picked-up from the Estes Park High School parking lot beginning at 4:30AM. The last Trolley leaves at 5:00AM. There is NO transportation provided to return to start area post race. The Baldpate Inn is providing fireside warm beverages while runners wait for the start. Clothes drop bags will be provided at start line for retrieval at finish line.
- 7 hour course cut off time
- Registration IS NOT ALLOWED on race day.
- Packet Pick-up is Saturday, 7:00am-5:00pm and Sunday, starting at 4:30am at the Estes Park High School commons.
- High quality pewter medals for all marathon finishers – medals are created by Designs by Ricker, which are professionally handcrafted and made locally. We want to celebrate our runner’s accomplishments with quality design! You deserve it!
- Age Group Awards for the Marathon & Half-Marathon: 19 & under, 20 – 29, 30 – 39, 40 – 49, 50- 59, 60+
- Marathon awards will be available to be picked up at the finish line award’s table. The awards table will be located on the field. There wont be an awards ceremony, but we congratulate our top finishers in advance! If you know that you will not pick up your award at the finish line, please let us know and pay $5 at registration for shipping/handling. Thank you!
- To support green cup-free racing, each marathon runner will receive a Hydrapouch! Please use the hydrapouch as your hydration device during the race and all of your future racing. If you choose to use another hydration device, please remember to bring it with you. Each aid station will have Hydrapour rapid dispensing systems for refilling your hydration device or the Hydrapouch – see a video of these units being used in races here. At registration, there will be demonstrations of how to use the Hydrapouch! It is easy! Each aid station will have paper cups available to runners as an alternative. We encourage using your own hydration device if not relying on the Hydrapouch.
- The Estes Park Marathon start line is at The DAO HOUSE, 6120 Highway 7. The finish line is in Estes Park at the public school facilities (elevation 7,550 feet). The route begins at the Dao House and enters Hwy 7 heading north. Runners will descent 3.7 miles and turn right onto Fish Creek Road. At Fish Creek Road, runners will pass Cheley Camp and the first full Aid Station. Route will continue to descend to the Lake Estes Trail (1500 ft total) and continue on paved multi-use paths or road shoulders.
- The course is marked with directional arrows on the roads & trails, as well as placed yellow directional signs. In critical spots there will also be course marshals.
- Please park in designated Parking LOTS and NOT along road shoulders. We need to keep Manford Avenue and 10K start line area free of cars on shoulders. As a runner, you will appreciate this request. Thank you! Area map:
Massages available at finish area, June 18th, Sunday. 8:30AM- 1:00pm. Rate: $1. per minute. Cash
At Estes Park Massage we focus on providing bodywork and healing. Each massage is catered to our client’s requests. Quality is always our first priority, quantity is not. We have many massage modalities, hydrotherapy, face masks, elixirs, wraps, and scrubs. We love bodywork and look forward to relaxing you!