Destined to become one of the world’s premier high-altitude race events for athletes of all abilities. REGISTER HERE!
Accommodations and lodging
Connect here with Visit Estes Park to plan your exceptional vacation! We encourage arriving at least 4 days before race day to acclimate effectively. Allowing your body to adjust to our 7500ft elevation, will help your performance and overall well being. Enjoy your race taper at the world’s most scenic mountain location!
List of Events
- KIDS FUN RUN!
- Half Marathon
- Marathon Team Relay in partnership with the American Cancer Society – 3-5 legs
Race Registration & Packet Pick-up
KIDS FUN RUN! : Saturday June 21, 2014, at downtown Bond Park, next to Town Hall.
- Kids Festival begins 11:00am and finishes at 3:00pm.
- Kids Races start 2:00pm and last group finishes by 2:45pm.
- Ages 4 – 12 years old may participate in races.
- Register for the KIDS FUN RUN! at Bond Park , Saturday, June 21, 11:00 – 1:45 pm.
- All participant’s parents or guardian are required to sign a race/festival waiver.
- Festivities include live music, face painting, jumping obstacle course, games and dancing. Environmental education booths and demonstrations will be offered. Join us for a fun afternoon!
Pre-Race Day: Saturday, June 21, 2014, 9 AM – 5 PM
- Packet Pick-up and Orientation located at the Estes Park High School Student Center, 1600 Manford Avenue.
- Due to serious flood damage, accessing Estes Park High School can only be from Community Drive and Manford Ave.
- Packets include colorful chip timed bib, race tech shirt, and tag for post race food.
Race Day: Packet pickup for all races continues. 10K/5K Registration only
- Sunday, begins 5:30 AM at the Estes Park High School Student Center, 1600 Manford Avenue. See map of race day parking and race start locations (PDF).
- NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION FOR MARATHON OR HALF MARATHON.
- View directions to EP schools area here. Please access registration, packet pick up and race parking on race day via Community Drive off Highway 36 only
- PARKING: Please park at Stanley Field, EP Aquatic Center and along Community Drive shoulder.
- NO PARKING is allowed at High School parking lot on race day, sorry!
We are committed to being environmentally sensitive. We love our close connection to nature’s protected lands and our fresh mountain air. Throughout our races, we do our best to follow a green ethic. To encourage reduction in paper use, we have partnered with HYDRA POUCH in place of waste! Since 2010, the Estes Park Marathon has provided one Hydrapouch to our marathon racers. We are proud to be USA’s first marathon organization to use the Hydrapouch for our paved, mountain course!
- Marathon: One Hydrapouch will be included in the race pack for each marathon runner. The pouch is yours to keep and use in other races. It has a clip that attaches to shorts, skirts, or leggings. If you prefer to use a belt, or other hydration device, please bring your own.
- Half marathon, 10K, 5K, and Marathon Team Relay members may purchase a Hydrapouch at a 10% discount. Either purchase online, or at registration/packet pick up at a 10% discount when you collect your race bag.
- Aid stations – We encourage all participants to bring their own hydration device or use our featured Hydrapouch! At the request of racers, each aid station will have race cups available, as well as the Hydrapour hi-speed dispensers – they can dispense at up to 6oz of water per second. See more information on these dispensers and cup-free racing here.
- Other hydration devices – The Hydrapour dispensers will be used at all aid stations. The dispensers can fill any hydration device, sports bottle, belt bottle, etc..see a video demonstrating these revolutionary devices here. Please bring your own hydration device, to cut down on waste!
- Demonstration – you will have the opportunity to see a Hydrapour unit and try out refilling your hydration device at registration / packet pick-up on Saturday, June 21st.
On marathon and half marathon courses, stations are every mile.
- VFuel Gels for endurance sports
- Oranges, bananas, potato chips, granola bars
- Spring water provided by Crystal Pines
Post Race Party:
- Location: EP High School Student Center (registration/packet pick-up area)
- Times: 10:00am and continue until 2:00 pm, after the race course closes.
- Food & Drink: We will have food supplied by the Egg & I, Poppy’s Pizza and Grill, and Coda Coffee – thank you to our generous sponsors! Please visit these local restaurants anytime you visit Estes Park!
For those not planning to stay at one of our local lodges, we offer the opportunity to get cleaned up. After a long run, we know what it is like to need a good shower. We offer free showers to race participants at the EP High School locker rooms. Racers will need to provide own towel and soap supplies.
Experience a rejuvenating and relaxing massage – a great way to recover after your race! Massages are a dollar a minute and provided by professional massage therapists. We want you to feel fantastic after your race experience, so don’t cut yourself short. Sign up in advance for a massage at race registration or sign up post race. You will be glad you did!
Race records up to and including 2013 can be found here – download a PDF of race records. Please let us know of any errors or omissions!
2014 ESTES PARK MARATHON offers a selection of training and performance apparel. We are featuring “STRONGER THAN THE FLOOD, 2013″ shirts to honor the strength, courage and perseverance of our recovery efforts! To view apparel and order click, Trail Ridge Printing.